Bree's Sweet Treats is a bakery somewhere up north in the wilds of Maryland where I dare not venture for fear of crabs and other deadly Marylandish fauna, but for my birthday my friend Emily bought me a Groupon good for two dozen cookies and half a dozen brownies delivered straight to my safe-in-Virginia door. Freshly baked goods I barely have to roll out of bed for, never mind not-bake myself? It is good to have friends who know you well. ;)
It is also good to be alone all day with three boxes of sweets. Thankfully, I recently bought another Groupon for a one month gym membership, so my two brownies and two cookies are already canceled out for today. Tomorrow? That's another story. ;)
Any plans for this weekend? Tonight we are going to Cafe Rio with some friends - They swear by it. I guess it's a West Coast thing? - followed by a visit to the 9/11 Memorial at the Pentagon. I'm a little nervous about the Memorial, but in a good way. (You know what I mean. Who can forget that feeling in the pit of your stomach? The one we all had for weeks...)
Whatever you're up to, have a great weekend! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment