
Consequently, I’ve been on the lookout for new canisters for a while. I love the look of vintage metal sets, but hate the rust they inevitably all come with. I love the lightness of plastic or Tupperware, but hate the way they look. I saw a couple of sets I liked at Pier One and Williams Sonoma, but was off put by either the color (Pier One), the sizes (W.S.), or the price (Both!). So the search continued. Until today.
On Tuesdays, Goodwill stores in the DC Metro area offer a 25% discount on all clothing. I have THREE Goodwills within ten minutes of our apartment (I couldn’t have planned it better myself!!!), so it’s quickly become my official thrifting day. I usually end up just buying housewares, but I figure if I’m going to shop anyways, it might as well be on Tuesdays in case I do see anything good.
Today was kind of a bust compared to last week, so by store number three, I was ready to call it a morning, do my grocery shopping, and head home for lunch. And then I saw these. (*Cue the Patty Mayonnaise Music That I Can’t Find On YouTube But Sounds Like Happy Angels And Has Its Own Facebook Page*)

There's only one other unforeseen problem: The flour jar is only 2 liters, which does not equal five pounds of flour. That means I still have a bag – albeit tiny – of flour tucked away in my cupboard. And it looks like the matching sugar jar is only 1.5 liters, which means I'll have the same problem with my sugar whenever I find it.
Oh well. You win some, you loose some. And overall, I think this was a definite win!

No comments:
Post a Comment