Monday, February 6, 2012

On Becoming a Virginia Resident

For years I swore I would never move to Northern Virginia, which goes to show you that either a.) I don't know my own mind or b.) I need to keep my mouth shut more. I've never been accused of the former, so I'll stick with the latter and blame it on immaturity and an intense hatred of people who can't drive. Namely everyone. Excepting me.

I kid, I kid. (Except about the bad drivers. True story: I once made my college roommate sign a "I will not drive live a NOVAn" contract to borrow my car.) (Love you, E. :) NOVA is not nearly as bad as I recall and I've discovered that if I never drive anywhere, I never have to deal with traffic. Genius!

Our move went smoothly, our apartment rocks (Plantation Shutters, where have you been my whole life?), and Bert's first day of work went well. Nora is the happiest I've seen her since the pre-Miles Williamstown days and I can walk to a Caribou Coffee. What else do you really need? (A Target that didn't feel like a giant cubicle would be nice, but its exterior does look like a spaceship, so I'll give it props for that.)

We're still unpacking and organizing, but I hope to have some apartment photos up soon. Comcast gave me the cold shoulder when I refused to sign up for their 'Triple Play Whatever' plan - the lady was somewhat incredulous when I told her "I'm too young for a land line" - so we haven't had Internet - minus Bert's iPhone - until today.

So until then, I'll leave you with another GoRemy video. Talk about NOVA drivers... This one is Bert's favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment