Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! Anything special planned tonight? Mr. C's making shrimp scampi and chocolate-covered strawberries for dinner. I can't wait! (For my part, I'll be picking him up at work, BOGO Caribou Mocha in hand. We all have our love languages. His is coffee. And not having to ride the bus. ;)

I like to call December through March "The Gauntlet," as Mr. C must fend his way through Christmas, our anniversary, Valentine's Day, AND my birthday in four consecutive months. Thanks to our move, I was actually in Virginia for half of our anniversary, so we celebrated the night before instead. Mr. C picked me up at the front door with flowers - like it was a 'real date' ;) - and whisked me away to the O.G. for a romantic evening of breadsticks and never-ending salad bowls. (And crazy people watching while we waited for a table. And I thought I got cranky when I was hungry!)

We came home afterwards for a bottle of Asti - a wedding present from friends, intended for the occasion - dessert, and a movie. I didn't save any of our wedding brownie cake (Year-old cake is gross. No discussion.) but I made a batch of mint brownies in homage. Delish and low-key. Just the way we like it. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment