Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Culture No. 32: Working!

I broke the number two trophy wife rule this week and got a job. Thankfully, the number one rule is “there are no rules,” so I quickly exonerated myself and emerged guilt-free and slightly richer. (I am all up for an extra dollar or two – sadly, literally – added to my monthly grocery budget.)

The new gig is a part-time office job at a local construction/trucking company with nary an AutoCAD station in sight. I can also wear jeans, so it is pretty much Sarah heaven in those two respects. (There is also an office cat named “White Trash.” Hellooo, NEPA!) I have to teach myself QuickBooks stat, but I already use Quicken at home so it’s not too bad of a learning curve. And who knows? My own personal accounting will probably drastically improve in the coming months as well. ;)

Ahhh…It feels good to have one foot back in the working world!

3 comments: