Last year, I won my first blog giveaway: a toddler’s bathrobe, which – while super cute – was obviously not something I had any use for. So I gave it to my cousin for his daughter and stopped entering giveaways for things I didn't need. It worked. My bad luck returned and my blog giveaway winning streak ended at one. Until now.
Giveaways for things I can use (or really, really want ;) are totally still fair game, so recently I entered a contest on one of my favorite blogs, Design Mom, and won a mural from Modern Murals. Sweet! I knew just the place for it!
While the wall at the foot of our bed continues to rock this photo collage I put up in June, the opposite wall was still really, really bare - the perfect spot for a new piece of art. Bert and I spent a few hours on the Modern Mural website agonizing between something Foster-esque (his favorite architect) versus something warmer, and eventually decided on the later. We chose #4301, which sports yellow gingko leaves on a dark, wood plank background. The mural was here within a week (Our UPS man was so impressed I got a package from Cali. Ah, NEPA…) and unboxed in minutes. And then it sat on the floor. For a week or so. Or more. Go me.
Finally I got tired of tripping over it, so last night I conscripted Bert and his drill for an hour of hanging fun. Usually I try to hang pictures around 57” on center – the “museum standard,” so I’ve googled, although I’ve never asked any of my museum friends if it’s true, so take that with a grain of salt – but because our headboard takes up the lower portion of the wall, Bert pointed out that it might be better to center the mural between the top of the headboard and the bottom of the molding. So I made a ‘mural mock-up’ out of newspaper and went to town:



No comments:
Post a Comment