Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cancer No. 8

Why yes! It is time for the update on everyone's favorite thyroid!

When I left you last, I had just received a very-early morning phone call from my surgeon with the happy and benign news. Ned's diagnosis was a little delayed due to the fact that no one could tell what the hey he was (They even sent him to Johns Hopkins! How fun!) (You know what's not fun? Dealing with their inept billing department.), but better late than never, right?

Since then, all my post-op appointments have gone very well. Per the surgeon's orders, I've been using Mederma on my scar, which seems to be working, albeit reeeaaalllyyy slowly. (Please note: It has the tendency to itch like none other, so if you ever use it, make sure you rub it in reeeaaalllyyy good or else it will feel like liquid poison ivy.) I also had my first blood test a few weeks ago and I'm happy to report that my right thyroid - aka "Rightie the Mightie" - is blastin' enough T3 and T4 to make the world go round. (Translation: No synthroid for me!)

Unfortunately, this means I can no longer use "I only have one thyroid" as an excuse to skip out on unpleasant events or to shame others into doing them for me. So if you catch me moaning about being unbalanced due to less organs on the left or any other similar rubbish, you are hereby permissed to totally call me out. I was blessed with a good surgery and an awesome biopsy. No more complaints here.

Sorry the photo's so small. I couldn't figure out how to make it bigger. :( Maybe it's better this way... Less gross, you know?

1 comment: