I have a confession to make. (This blog is so cathartic that way.) Sometime after this post, I made a terrible, terrible discovery that - even now - I loathe to admit to both myself and you: I completely love, rock, and adore dirty hair.
I'm not sure what happened. Perhaps a week's worth of hair grease clogged my neocortex. Or my left thyroid held particular sway over any innate tendencies I have in the Euro-bathing department. Maybe I just got tired of blow-drying the third thickest head of hair on the planet. Regardless, it happened. I stopped washing my hair every day.

This led to a second - and much more pleasant - discovery: the wonder that is dry shampoo. I still wash my hair one or two times a week (I'm not that hardcore.), but on the days in between this stuff comes into play. You spray it on, rub it in, brush it out, and viola! Good to go! Liberated from the tyranny of the fifteen minute blow-out! Who knew my hair could be even more low maintenance? I am completely and utterly hooked.
There is one downside though. Bangs are decidedly not "No Poo" friendly. Without being 'rebooted' everyday, they tend to be flat, cowlick-ed, or otherwise unruly. C'est la vie. Mine are already on their way out.
No comments:
Post a Comment