Friday, May 20, 2011

NTOTD No. 4: Travis

I feel like Noah. It’s been raining for how many days? Too many. I’m usually the first person down for a weather-enforced TV marathon, but this is kind of ridiculous. (I’ve also run out of American Pickers episodes on Netflix and Bert might kick me out if I keep up with Pawn Stars aka “the show that will not be named”.) Also, Nora is about to burst a blood vessel. That cat needs to go OUT.

So in honor/appeasement of this terrible weather, I present to you the Theme Song of the Day/Week, “Why Does it Always Rain On Me?” by Travis. (I must give credit where credit is due: I found out about this band via a Brian-made CD in Sister V.’s car. If it weren’t for people with better musical taste, I would probably still be listening to non-stop Darius Rucker.)

Travis suffers from "Good Band, Lame Music Videos" Syndrome, but this one is actually alright. The song also happens to be the official anthem of my parent’s cat, Worf, who suffers from chronic bad days and neurological re-boots. (Fun Family Fact: Our late dog’s anthem was Michael W. Smith’s “For You”, which, yes, also has a nice ‘water theme,’ but is a little too 90s-fabulous for me to post so early in the morning. There is also not a real music video for it. Not even a lame one.)

So without further adieu, your new thing of the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment