
Last night, Nora went out around eight and did not come in before I fell asleep. I checked for her around one, but she was still MIA. I went back to bed, only to hear the sound of two cats yowling several minutes later.
Now, don't let her cuteness fool you. Nora is well-known in four states for having an attitude problem. Case in point: her general disdain for anything feline. (Excepting herself, of course.) If cats are yowling, you can bet good money that Nora is one of them.
The cat spat went on, off and on, for the next hour or so. (Yes, I stayed awake to listen, because that is the kind of crazy cat lady I am.) I waited until they sounded closer to the house before going outside, PJs and all. (My gummy bear boxers, to be exact. As if the neighbors didn't think we were crazy enough already...)
As I suspected, Nora and one of the neighborhood cats were having a showdown in our parking lot, which ended as soon as I chased the other cat away. (It was a white and tiger cat that I've seen before and actually seems to be kind of sweet. Nora just does not play well with others.) Nora came in the house, had a snack, and went to bed. Case closed.
Or so I thought.
This morning, I was working on my computer in the office while (I assumed) Nora slept off her nocturnal escapades in the living room. (It is fun having different "rooms" now. I feel so grown up.) I heard this very quiet groaning sound that I originally mistook for my stomach (an instrument in its own right) and dismissed until it repeated itself several times and gradually escalated into a full-on yowl. Again?
Nora was not sleeping in the living room. Nora was in the bathroom, preparing to attack the full length mirror. Ears back, bottle-brush tail, the whole nine yards. She was pissed. At herself. (I'm sure there's some deep life lesson in her actions, I'm just not sure what.)
Now, Nora's not stupid. Until now, her and her reflection have coexisted quite amiably. Her nose works. Her depth perception works well enough to get her up on counters, tables, and everywhere else she isn't supposed to be. (She is currently scratching at the closed bathroom door and meowing in that "Come and put your opposable thumbs to good use, woman!" tone of voice.) I don't know what her problem is. Too many Greenies? Sleep fighting? I hope this means we don't have to keep the bathroom door closed all the time now. (No vent = issues.) Oy vey. What a cat.
No comments:
Post a Comment