This is a new series, affectionately titled "New Thing of the Day," in which I will write about a new thing of the day. Pretty self explanatory. I also wanted to see if I could embed videos, which those post goes to show that I can. Awesome.
To kick things off, I thought it appropriate to start with one of my new favorite bands - The Winter Sounds - and their song Trophy Wife. I found The Winter Sounds on a trip through Amazon's "free music" section and ended up buying their second album, Church of the Haunted South, as a Christmas present "for Drew." The band is originally from Athens, Georgia - a town that produces amazing bands like it's going out of style (R.E.M., anyone?) - so I figured he'd like them. Mmm...who am I kidding? I bought it for me and my guys-with-guitars lovin' ways. ;)
In the grand tradition of semi-indie bands, there's no cool music video for the song, but enjoy the music below!
No comments:
Post a Comment