Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tuesday Thrifting No. 4

Yesterday was a banner thrifting day! Not only did I set a four year-old peeping tom along the straight and narrow (by shooing him away from my dressing room and hopefully in the general direction of his MIA mother), but I also found my second piece ever of in-the-wild (as in, not ridiculously overpriced on Etsy) Catherine Holm enamelware: a 2 quart stock pot in better-than-I-could-hope-for condition. Unfortunately, it wasn't in my colors - red, navy, or turquoise - so what did I do with it? Put it in my Etsy store, of course! (It's a dog eat dog world out there, kiddos. I'm saving up for a living room rug, so at least you know it's for a good cause. ;) But for now, it does look nice in my dining room next to my other pieces of avocado green C.H. - a lidless coffee pot, two cereal bowls, and two mini-bowls. Makes me feel all hip inside. :)


A few weeks ago, I also found this NYC Subway map mug, which I had to buy - despite my moratorium on mug purchases - because Drew and I both have a thing for subway maps and it made our Underground mug look not quite so lonely in the cupboard. It has quickly become my second favorite mug, falling short only to my vintage Tayler and Ng "Le Chat" mug - looks like this one, except brown - that my old roommate picked up for free at her church's rummage sale. That one may be impossible to beat. :)


Then there was this Campbell's Soup recipe card box, which came (unopened) with enough Campbell's Soup recipes to keep me cookin' up new stuff long into the fall. (Not that my recipe folder isn't already bursting with recipes to try!) My old recipe box was just a cheap plastic thing from Wal-mart, so this is definitely a fun improvement!


And yes, did you spot that too? My new-to-me sugar canister? After finding the first three canisters all those weeks ago, I Etsy-stalked the missing one - even emailing sellers to see if they'd break up their already incomplete sets - until someone listed it all by its lonesome. And then I splurged. :) I still need to buy a new canning ring for it - anyone know where I can find those? - but seeing the four of them reunited makes me happy. :)


What about you? Any good finds this week? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment