99. After months of trial and error, you finally figure out how to operate the Metro's farecard machines and manage to pass your knowledge on to at least one desperate tourist every trip.

I am quite proud of this accomplishment. Do you see that machine?! It is just as confusing as it looks, especially if you're just buying a farecard and not a pass. (Oh yes, there is a difference!) Drew did a project in school where they redesigned the machine's interface to make it more user friendly, but I guess no one got the memo. Too busy workin' on the escalators, I suppose!
a pass is totally the way to go if you live in NoVA and trek into DC even occasionally. most of the time you avoid the machines altogether!
ReplyDeletetotally agree. drew already had a smartrip card when we moved here and i got mine soon after. :) we've had a lot of trouble trying to add money to them online, thus the machines when necessary!
ReplyDelete