Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Top 100 Signs I Married the Right Man No. 91

91. He has a green thumb (and doesn't know it).

When I went out of town a few weeks ago, I left Bert with a short list of 'chores' to do while I was gone; namely, get the mail and don't let my plants die. Due to an over-zealous-with-the-lawn-mower neighbor, all of my plants live in pots, so the latter assignment wasn't really a big deal: a can of water for the front porch, a can of water for the side porch, and you're done. Voila!

Well, I think the huz must have slipped in a little something extra, because I came home to this: more blooms on my gerber daisy than I've ever seen before in my life. This plant usually gets two blooms, three in a good month. But now it has six?! I don't know if it's having one last huzzah before winter or what, but I am impressed. The boy's got skillz.

No comments:

Post a Comment