Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Blessing in Disguise

Thursday night was very windy here, and by the time Friday morning showed up, a large branch had fallen off one the trees in our parking lot. (Thankfully, not on anyone's car. Geoff the Mazda has already had a rough go of it so far in VA. :-*) I love fresh flowers and hate paying for them, so I thought a few budding branches might be a nice (and free!) substitute. They've already started to shed like a Christmas tree come January, but they are pretty to look at, if only for a few days. They've totally put me in the mood for the Cherry Blossom Festival, which is supposed to peak (early) on my birthday weekend! I've been to the Festival once before, for a rugby tournament back in my wild-and-crazy days, but didn't have a whole lot of time to look around. Definitely looking forward to it this year!

1 comment: