Monday, September 5, 2011

Commerce No.4: King of Prussia Mall

It’s a quiet Labor Day weekend here in Pennsyltucky. We planned on hiking at some point, but the weather is not cooperating and most (if not all) of the trails we were considering are still suffering from a bit of post-Irene fatigue. So instead we continued our extended tour of 'America’s Great Malls' – read about our visit to the Mall of America here – and drove down to King of Prussia on Saturday afternoon.

King of Prussia (or KoP, to use the popular/amusing acronym) is not the largest mall I’ve ever been to, but it is definitely the most disorienting. (Two buildings? An almost-but-not-quite figure eight floor plan? Uniformed customer service people who are too intimidating to ask for help? Oy vey.) Oh, and it was also definitely the nicest. By far. (Sorry, Westfarms. It makes you look a little Enfield-ish.) Very, very far. A little too far – if you take my meaning – which led to an afternoon of fun and unproductive window shopping. (I did get some candles at Bath & Body Works though, which Bert was sweet enough to cart through the mall for me. I can never pass up the 2 for $20 sale.)

Georgia Boy requested lunch at Chick-fil-a, where I was lucky enough to get my picture taken with the cow. We roamed through Lego and Northface, decided against entering the moshpit-esque Apple store, and even hit up Madewell on Bert’s request. (He was totally sucked in by the Loewy and Eames sketches in the window. You don’t have to ask me twice! :) There was no Anthro, which made me sad, but was probably for the best, what with my lack of actual employment and all.

We grabbed some Starbucks on our way out, then roamed around Crate and Barrel for a bit - amazing tea towels here - before heading home. We thought about stopping at the Conshocken Ikea, but decided not to since there is nothing worse/marriage-threatening for two designers than a spontaneous trip to Ikea. (Did you forget? We fight about furniture.) We made it home safe and sound and have not done much since. Ahhh, long weekends...

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I've heard of that mall because it's one of the ones Derek goes to when he's at school : )....and when reading about you day, I can just picture Nate and I , as we have spent some days like that : )

    ReplyDelete