We are at t-minus two weeks and counting until I leave for Mozambique, and let me tell you: it could not come at a better time. I've been so stir crazy lately - not very becoming in a trophy wife at all. I'm actually looking forward to sending out my resume and writing cover letters when I get back from Africa. Wha...?! I know, I know. Who am I?

Still, the important thing is to keep busy, right? This morning I went to the Wilkes Barre farmer's market with my friend A. and her two little munchkins. We went for the first time two weeks ago and decided to try and make it a weekly thing, but got rained out last week in some pre-Irene showers and went to the mall instead. (Where A. had me try something from Gertrude Hawk Chocolates - NEPA's finest - for the first time. Yum. Who needs fresh veg when there's chocolate bars in the house?)
It's a bit overcast today, but the rain held off and we even managed a decent parking spot downtown. I picked up a quart of apples for Bert's lunches, fresh garlic for dinner, and a glass of apple cider for me. Cider is one of my vices - to say the least - so I didn't bring any home. I can literally drink a half gallon a day of that stuff... Absolutely deadly.
I love it when I have self-control. Makes me want to go out and buy some ice cream to celebrate! ;)
looks like a lovely farmer's market. Dad and I went yesterday to the one in E.Granby where I bought some peaches-just made a fresh peach-blueberry pie!!
ReplyDelete