Now that I'm working and deprived of the inspirational energy that comes from sleeping past five, Drew and I are consciously trying to plan at least one Date Night a week. There's only one catch: a $20 budget. Difficult? Yes, but trying to stay under the limit is kind of a fun game. :)
For our inaugural evening, we walked down to Johnny Rockets for some burgers, fries, and the ever-thrifty-but-rarely-exciting water. Once there however, Mr. C couldn't resist the call of the Mr. Pibb - in his defense, they seated us right next to the soda fountain - so he sprung for two sodas from his pocket cash. (Usually, we go old-people-school and share one, but he's a little under the weather right now. I'm trying to pass on the cooties!)
Awww...so cute. Even when he's sick. :-*
While we waited for our food, I serenaded him with a song from the jukebox. My choice? "Barbara Ann," by The Beach Boys. Long story. Inside joke. Nevertheless, much appreciated by the huz. ;)
The food was delish and treated me the way Johnny Rockets always does - that is to say, not well - but our somewhat scary/intense waitress gave us cheeseburgers instead of hamburgers, which threw off our budget a smidge. (It's amazing how those little things suddenly matter!)
On the way home, Drew saved me from stepping on a snake - my hero! (Centi-/milli-/anything-with-more-than-four-leg pedes and snakes are really the only creepy crawlies that give me the willies.) I was too busy yapping to see the enormous garter snake warming itself on the sidewalk. Whoops. (Subconsciously, I think I just assumed it was a crack in the concrete or something. ;)
Here's our budget breakdown:
Food+Tip=$26.37
Jukebox=$.05
Total=$26.42
Budget=$20.00
Drew's Soda Money=$4.93
My Jukebox Money=$.05
The Unintentional Cheese on the Burgers=$1.44
Not too shabby for a first go! What about you? What have you been up to this weekend?
No comments:
Post a Comment