So by tomorrow I meant today, which was well-timed because I really haven't had a chance to sit down and write until now. And I haven't had a chance because we've been too busy apartment hunting in Northern Virginia, which is a very long way from my iMac. (Have you ever tried to use the Blogger iPod app? Egads! I might as well blog by carrier pigeon.)
Es verdad, we are moving across the river from our nation's capital in t-minus two weeks and counting. (Way too soon and way too fast, in my opinion. We haven't even called the movers yet!) For years I've sworn I'd live pretty much anywhere but NOVA - mostly because it suffers from a serious case of chronic congestion - but it doesn't seem so bad this time around. Which of course means I must be getting old. (Or that my southern husband and cat are wearing off on me. They are both elated by this warmer turn of events.) College Sarah could wax poetic on the social and environmental evils of NOVA much longer than anyone cared to hear, while Married Sarah is kind of excited she'll be 3.5 miles from an Anthropologie instead of 115. (Not that she can afford either of them.) Oh, how my priorities have fallen...
Why the move? Bert got a new job, which was a long time coming and a welcome change. It's been bittersweet. We're excited about the move - emotionally, not physically - and about being closer to college friends, but sad about leaving everyone in NEPA and being farther away from my family. (I would say I'm sad about leaving the snow, but this winter's been a bit of a bust in that department, huh? Might as well go south and save on the utility bill.) But Sister V.'s already scheduled her first visit and I have a feeling Mama and Papa might beat her down. Not to mention Bert's side is overdue for a visit. ;) So much for the Lackawanna Coal Mine Tour. The National Mall will have to do from now on!

Finding the apartment was an adventure in itself, but despite the cops, the fire trucks, and the overflowing toilet - with me involved, you know there has to be at least one toilet incident - we managed. Hopefully, that will get tied up in the next few days. (It's Nora-friendly, of course, but the owner was worried - of all things - about her getting on the counters. Wha...?! That was a new one.) It's two bedrooms, one bath, and has the cutest little patio area. Maybe this year will be the year of my secret garden? We'll see...
This is Bert, modeling a sugar packet?, at King Street Blues in Old Town Alexandria where we binged on hush puppies, ribs, and burgers. (Um, we were kind of hungry. Maybe. A little.) Regardless, it was a delicious beginning to a happy new chapter of the Carltons. Let's go, Year #2!
No comments:
Post a Comment