
What is this? This is me, looking not guilty, which is a great look that I ought to rock more often. Why do I look not guilty? Because originally I felt guilty for not posting in, like, forever. I had a whole slew of excuses to give you, but then I remembered that this blog is supposed to be fun and the only reason it was turning into a chore was my own sense of obligation. And that's no fun.
Our pastor hit close to the mark last night when he gave a little talk on Matthew 11:28-30 and pointed out that Jesus doesn't call us to a doctrine or twelve step plan, he calls us to HIM. And getting to know HIM is much more fun than following a laundry list of rules. And I am all about fun. Especially at Christmastime.
Life lately has been fun. And Busy with a capital B. Can you believe it's December already? Christmas alone is enough to make your head spin. (And because I don't have enough to do, I decided to throw a Christmas party this year. My first! I'm so excited. :) I love this time of year and I'm going to un-obligator-ily enjoy it. First up? I get to make a Jesus birthday cake for a party Monday night. For him. Not of him. (Remember my cookies? Can you imagine if I had to pipe Jesus out of frosting? Oy vey.)
At first, I thought about making a tower of whoopie pies with alphabet candles spelling out "Happy Birthday, Jesus!" (I read too many blogs. I know.) Then I drew it out. And realized I'd have to bake over 100 whoopie cakes. And frost them. That didn't sound like fun. So Jesus will probably be getting something a little more conventional this time around. But still fun. We're both all about that. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment